The answer is: The Silo located in Downey Park, Garfield Kansas. For the past month, listeners to 100.7 Eagle Country have been following the clues to find the Eagle Country Haunted House, in hopes of winning $1,000 from Manweiler Chevrolet. A new radio clue aired each day on 100.7 Eagle Country, plus a series of bonus clues were posted at participating locations to help contestants find the Haunted House, visible from public roads and located in a six county area. The earliest correct entry was received from Steve Thompson on Oct. 10th at 12:56pm. A total of 112 different individuals submitted entries in the contest. Nearly 300 total entries were recieved as contestants could enter multiple guesses. Eagle Country Program Director Scott Donovan said “It was so much fun bringing back a favorite contest. The Haunted House contest first aired on KHOK in 1986, but has been dormant for several years.” Donovan also thanked all the participating sponsors who made the promotion possible, and Manweiler Chevrolet for being the Haunted House Presenter.
Here are all the radio clues, followed by the bonus clues.
EAGLE RADIO – HAUNTED HOUSE RADIO CLUES – 2017
- IN 1986…THIS CONTEST BEGAN! FOLLOW EACH CLUE…IF YOU WANT TO WIN!
- SIX COUNTIES TO SEARCH…LOOK HIGH AND LOW…THE FIRST CORRECT ENTRY… WILL TAKE HOME THE DOUGH!
- THE COUNTY YOU SEEK…WILL MAKE YOUR ODDS BETTER…IT’S ONE THAT CONTAINS…AT LEAST ONE DOUBLE LETTER!
- THINK YOU’RE GETTING CLOSER…FOUR COUNTIES REMAIN! CLUE NUMBER 3…WILL HELP YOU TO GAIN!
- SOME MAY VIEW…THIS CONTEST A HUSTLE! YOU’RE FARTHER FROM THE GOAL…IF YOU’RE SEARCHING IN RUSSELL!
- THE FIRST HAUNTED HOUSE…WAS SOMEWHERE IN BARTON…IT’S NOT HERE THIS YEAR…OF THAT WE’RE QUITE CERTAIN!
- YOUR SEARCH HAS BEEN NARROWED…DOWN TO JUST THREE…IS IT IN STAFFORD…ELLIS…OR MAYBE PAWNEE?
- PUT YOUR MIND TO IT…EXAMINE EACH CLUE…THE STRUCTURE YOU SEEK… IS CLEARLY NOT NEW!
- THE FIRST CORRECT ENTRY…WILL BE REVEALED AT THE END! DON’T GIVE UP EARLY…THERE’S STILL TIME MY FRIEND!
- WE’RE HALF WAY THROUGH…HAVE YOU FIGURED IT OUT? LOOK WEST OF 281…OF THAT THERE’S NO DOUBT!
- EAST…SOUTH…NORTH…OR WEST! STICK TO THE TRAIL…IN SEARCH OF YOUR QUEST!
- IT’S OUT IN THE OPEN…FOR EVERYONE TO SEE! WITH NO DOORS OR WINDOWS…OH WHAT COULD IT BE?
- A DOG HAS THEM…CATS DO TOO! THIS SHOULD HELP FIND THE COUNTY…AND MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU!
- LET’S BE SPECIFIC…AND MAKE SURE YOU’RE ON TRACK… THIS CHARACTER SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME…ON HIS BACK!
- IT’S NOT IN THE COUNTRY…BUT IN A SMALL TOWN…START LOOKING UP…AND THEN LOOKING DOWN!
- THE COUNTY YOU SEEK…IS HOME TO A FORT. WE’RE GETTING CLOSE TO THE FINISH…THROUGH THE CLUES YOU MUST SORT!
- THE TOWN WHERE IT RESTS…IS SMALL THAT’S QUITE TRUE! BUT TALL IN STATURE…CLEVELAND MINUS TWO!
- IT’S NOT LAS VEGAS…NOT CLOSE TO RENO…BUT IT IS ON THE WAY…TO A KANSAS CASINO!
- ARLENE WAS HIS GIRLFRIEND…YOU SURELY KNOW THAT…HAVE YOU FIGURED IT OUT? THIS GUY IS ONE COOL CAT!
- TO EVERYONE…GOOD LUCK…AND WE WISH YOU ALL WELL…THE STRUCTURE YOU SEEK IS NEAR THE PRESIDENT’S BELL!
10/8 Odin Store Home to less than 200
10/9 Heartland Collision Inside the 620 Code
10/9 Manweiler Chevrolet North of 50
10/10 Dawson Jewelers East side of Town
10/10 Windsheilds for Less Miss Elma
10/11 Outer Limits Liquor Less than 10 miles from the county line
10/11 20/20 Optix 346 Acres
10/12 Smok N Vape Dry County til ‘92
10/12 Chuck’s Autoworks Stands near the Ark
10/13 Ellinwood Packing Plant Typically Cylindrical
10/13 Cornerstone Automotive 156 to the North
10/14 Granny Mae’s Pumpkin A pointed top
10/16 Jacob’s Golf Cars Add the digits of the code, and you’ll come up with 29
10/17 Rana Luna Till ’73 they called it Criley
10/17 Cornerstone Automotive Standing Tall
10/18 Ellinwood Packing Plant He was known to be lazy, fat and cynical
10/18 Dawson Jewlers In the County organized by Boyd, Booth, McCarthy & Cox
10/19 Manweiler Chevrolet Coon Creek
10/19 Farmers Ins/Matt DeLong Is it Pawnee Street or 180th Ave.
10/20 Smok N Vape Usually used to store bulk materials
10/20 Heartland Collision Look to the East from 183
10/21 Granny Mae’s Pumpkin 1198 Miles to the White House
10/22 Granny Mae’s Pumpkin You’re pretty close if you’re standing at the Junction of 56 & 183
10/23 Outer Limits Just down the street from the Stone Stile
10/23 Chuck’s Autoworks 38 degrees 4’35 N 99 degrees 14’42 W
10/24 Ellinwood Packing Plant Right by the Wayside Chapel
10/25 Jacob’s Golf Cars How Does One Get In?
10/25 Cornerstone Automotive Downey, spelled different than the fabric softener